To create your own rub-ons you will need:
Note: This is done using an inkjet printer.
- 1 LAZER JET transparency sheet. These can be purchased at most office supply stores. I got mine for 65 cents at OfficeMax.
- Using your word processing software (I use Microsoft Word) type in the text, or picture, you want to use. You can use any font available on your computer.
- Print your document - but with a twist....click on the print button just like you would normally but before you hit OK go to PRINTER PROPERTIES. Change the paper type to Transparency. Then go to FEATURES and turn on MIRROR IMAGE. Now click OK and start the print.
- After the transparency has been printed set it aside. DO NOT immediately try to transfer it to your project. Wait for a minimum of 2 minutes. You might need to wait 5 or 6 minutes. The wait time will depend on your individual printer and how much ink it places on the transparency. If you do not allow this wait time the ink will smear between the letters.
- Apply the rub-on like you normally would. (I use a popsicle stick)
- When you are done, wipe off the transparency with a baby wipe or wet paper towel. The transparency can be used over and over!
This is a terrific technique and is a very thrifty way to save money on stamps. Now you can create your own sentiments for every occasion!