Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birthday Altered Paint Can

A very good friend just celebrated her 40th birthday and I really wanted to present her gifts in something different than just a wrapped box. This was my first attempt at making an altered paint can but I think it came out pretty nice.

This is a view of one side of the can. The leaves were cut out using the Cricut Storybook cartridge. (I'm loving this cartridge) I used a heavier weight Bazzill cardstock so they were very thick and sturdy. Both the shadows and images were cut at 3 1/2. I had to set my blade depth to 6, pressure to 5, and speed at 3. They cut out beautifully.

Photobucket

Before I glued the leaves to the shadows I ran them through my Xyon upside down and added fine glitter. After they were glued together I placed tiny pearls in a few places on each leaf.

A view of the other side:

Photobucket

I also created an ATC card to use as the tag. Since her gift contained some Flower Soft and a Flower Soft stamp I used it on the stamped image so she could see how it looked. I also used the Happy Birthday Cuddlebug folder to emboss the foil paper.

Oh, the big envelope behind the can was made from 2 12x12 pieces of paper from the DCWV's Blossom & Butterfly stack. I machine stitched the two pieces together. It was made to "wrap" some EZ Mount that I had for her.

So.... that is why I haven't posted in a while. Busy, busy, busy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, how beautiful is everything, what a wonderful thing to do for your friend. I just love it all. I really like how you glittered the flowers. Great job. And you have been missed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crafted paint can idea. I made one for Christmas, but don't want to just put cookies in it. Any other ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used these cans for all occasions. For Christmas I made some mini ornaments and filled the can with them. Also ribbon candies, tea candles, any thing looks great when given in one of these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam