Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Get Well Card

My neighbor just had surgery and I wanted to welcome her home with a nice card and some flowers. Here is the card... I forgot to take a picture of the flowers :(

Photobucket

I used the cricut Storybook cartridge to cut out the label shapes. The holes were hand pierced using a piercing tool. I free handed them.

Don't you love this stamp? It is from http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/ I believe it is called apple tree.

I stamped the tree using stazon black ink then colored the tree using several shades of green prismacolor pencils. The colors were blended using the MCPT. Stampin' Up's River Rock ink was sponged around the entire image. Red liquid pearls drops were added to create the apples. I also added light green pearls around the label shapes.

I inked the edges of the patterned paper with the River Rock ink.

The "thinking of you" stamp is a Studio G that I stamped onto the same ivory cardstock and cut out using sissors. I also hand cut the rust colored mat to go behind the sentiment. Raffia (I think that is what it is called) was added to finish off the card.

For the inside:

Photobucket

I used the negative from my label and cut off the excess to fit the inside of the card. I placed a matching piece of patterned paper behind it and stamped the sentiment. This stamp is from a Stampin' Up retired set. I added the little raffia bow to the bottom because it just needed something to finish it off. Surprisingly this is one of the few cards I have made that had NO stickles on it!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you did this... so creative. And the tree is awesome, you loved it so beautifullyl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam