Sunday, March 7, 2010

Shaving Cream Backgrounds

Black Embossed Trees

I read about a technique using shaving cream and reinkers to create stunning backgrounds.  It is very simple (messy, but simple) to do and you can really create a background in exactly the right color and design you are looking for.  The background on this card used Marigold Morning & Groovy Guave reinkers.  I used generic white paper, nothing fancy.  The swirl of color is just right for a sunset sky background.

I used a stamp that was purchased at an expo several years ago from Lost Coast Designs.  They have great stamps!  After the background dried I inked the stamp with Versamark and heat set black embossing powder.  The effect is truly amazing. 

For the inside I reinked the stamp with Versamark and stamped onto Marigold Morning cardstock.  Hit it with my heat gun to quick dry the ink and it gives a great subtle background for the inside.

Black Embossed Trees Inside

A simple to create but good looking thank you card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam