Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bugawumps - Very Sorry...

Another Bugawumps card and a short story. This is a simple card but I had so much fun coloring it. I also realized something. I use a lot of the finger tip sponge daubers for inking edges. I have one for each of my inks. I seem to use my Walnut Distress Ink so much that the sponge is starting to deteriorate! I was going to toss it out and start a new daubler when I realized that the "fuzzy" edges of the sponge were creating the coolest markings. Take a close look at the edges of the image. See the small lines it created? I love this look! So, moral of this story? Don't toss it out!

Bugawumps - Sorry

I stamped the image using Stazon Black onto Stampin' Up's Whisper White cardstock. I created a mask for him and then stamped the grass. He is colored with Prismascolor pencils and a silver glitter pen for the wings. I sponged Stampin' Up Soft Sky ink first then went around the entire image with Old Paper Distress ink. Lastly I added a small border of Walnut ink to the whole thing. Since this card was for my nephew I added the wiggly eyes to the image. Isn't he cute?

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable... I am running late for church.. but I peeked real quick at the one you did for your mom.. awesome..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam