Saturday, April 18, 2009

Peek A Boo Card

I saw a video that Dawn had made on creating a Peek A Boo card. Click HERE to watch it. I thought this was so cute and had to give it a try.

This is a thank you card for someone that really helped me out last week and since she is a hugh cat fan I decided to use a cat theme for the card. It's simply decorated since it's my first try at this. What do you think? Should I add flowers? More glitter? Coloring around the words? I just can't seem to decide.

Photobucket

This is the card closed. I used Prismatics Island Mist Medium cardstock. I love the subtle texture and weight of this product. I'm having problems finding this cardstock now and I'm hording my stash!

Photobucket
When the card is fully opened a new picture appears in the window. I glittered over the text. Of course I forgot to turn off my fan when I sprinkled the glitter and now my room, cat, dog, and desk are very glittery! LOL
Photobucket

Photobucket
Here is a shot of the card as it is opening. See how the hidden panel begins to move into place?
Photobucket
This is the top view of the hidden panel. I am sure to be making more of these type of cards!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, that is the cutest card I have ever seen (well, one of the cutest) It is just toooo cute. I have to agree, it does look like it might need something, I don't know what because I love it the way it is... I love the sentiment.. there seems to be too much space between the senitment and the opening.. but it looks so cute the way it is.. I am not much help. Was it hard to make??? I would love to make one. Would you share the directions???

    I still have to make one of the calendars... I printed out to make 4 (I think I printed them to be for next year- hoping I can make one before the year is over. Once I get Alex's books done, then I will be able to do them.. Well, now that I have wrote a book here. LOL.. I miss seeing your beautiful creations my friend. Stay in touch (non2@sbcglobal.net). Let me know if you do anything to the card, it's adorable the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I have left you something on my blog...

    Would still love to have the instructions for this lovely card...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Another adorable idea and of course I love the kitty! Just fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I've watched Dawn's video several times, but your pictures really explain this card and make me want to give it a try.
    You think it needs something? Actually it is just fine the way it is. However, from watching the video, I'd just make a larger opening and larger matching scenes. Guess that is determined by the bit of the paper punch!
    Agan, great card. Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam