Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Owloween Card

This card was a learning experience using Design Studio. I created the card as one cutout in the gray cardstock, and cut out the layers separately. The background star paper should be on the inside of the card but my cardstock wasn't quite heavy enough to leave the "window" open. So I had to attach it to the back of the image. My cut file worked great so I can recreate this card when I get heavier cardstock.

I used Design Studio plus 6 different cartridges. Animal Kingdom for the Owl, Doodlecharms for the Pumpkin and Spider, George for the Moon, Opposites Attract for the word Owloween, Pooh & Friends for the Tree Branch, and Walk In My Garden for the word Happy.

The owl was cut at 2". I flocked the spider and added wiggle eyes. The pumpkin face is a stamp from Peachy Keen stamps and yellow stickles were added to the eyes and mouth. The doodles on the edge of the card were made with orange glitter gel pen and black stickles for the dots. The tree branches are 2 separate cuts that are overlapped. I had some patterned paper that looks like wood which really turned out perfect for the branches.

I learned many things creating this cut file. I won't be so hesitant to really put Design Studio to use in the future.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute saying I love it! I've got some great owl 3d stickers I plan to use for a card of my own. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam